Friday, October 2, 2009

Sarah H

So, because I haven't been home since my birthday back in July, I decided it was kind of necessary to return to good old Southwest Virginia. There was a possiblity of visiting Jimmy in Danville but I decided I really needed to come home and see my family.

Since being in the Star City, I've been pretty bored. It's been nice to see my grandparents and great uncle(who's leaving tomorrow). I didn't realize how much I actually missed my Nana. Tomorrow she and I are going to get pedicures so that should be nice.

I also have been playing all kinds of silly games with my adorable 3 year old sister that I'm sure will continue throughout the break. Annabelle's favorite games include "chase", "find my guys(her stuffed cats)", coloring, and "this blanket is a castle". I find it amazing how excited she gets when I come home considering I have been in college for the majority of her life. Tomorrow, my brother and I are going to take AnnaB to the Roanoke Zoo and the Roanoke Star(aka the largest man made star in the world) for a picnic because it's actually supposed to be warm and sunny! Maybe you'll be able to catch us on the star cam! I know, Roanoke is so legit.

Sunday, I'll be spending time with my Dad. I didn't get to see him when I came home for my birthday because he was away on business so this'll be the first time I've seen him since he helped me move in June.

Other than that, I've been doing data input for the psych lab I work in, trying to catch up on reading, seeing a couple of high school friends who are actually in town, and watching my dad's Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm dvds in our newly remodeled den. I think my Dad has empty nest syndrome and has been fixing the house up as a way of coping hence the den and all the new paint jobs(even though we had the house painted back in my senior year...).

Now I realize I'm rambling but eh...whatever. I'm bored. So yeah....pretty uneventful weekend. I'll be back in Cville on Monday afternoon so if you're in town, let's hang out(pledges, that means you...and bros too obviously).

No comments:

Post a Comment