Friday, October 2, 2009

Amanda's Return to Yankeeland

I'm going home!!! Woot!

In greater detail, I'm leaving this afternoon to go back to my home in Yankeeland, aka Connecticut (see illustration below).


Contrary to popular belief, Connecticut is not at this time covered in snow, so it should be pretty enjoyable. I'm hoping to be home long enough to catch part of the 153rd Annual Harwinton Fair for some axe throwing and possibly a tractor pull or two, but might not be able to because I actually have to travel even further north-- to Massachusetts!

When I was in Scotland, the people I ended up being closest to were actually mostly other American study abroad students, so I'm using fall break for a reunion with these two lovely ladies.


I can only hope that the north isn't too much for Kelsey, the one on the right. She's from Texas and goes to school here at UVa, so heading to where I'm from might be a shock for her!

I really only have the weekend mapped out through Sunday, but I'm hoping to be able to meet up with some of my other friends over the weekend, since they mostly stayed in the tri-state (Mass, CT and NY) area for college. Hopefully I will also see my big brother-- he's a lot harder to reach since he became a real person and bought a house an hour away from home. So we shall see where I end up. At the very least, I know I'll be back here eventually!

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment